Thursday, January 13, 2011

Almost Done

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Overall, we would say today has been the most difficult with classroom management.  Nevertheless, we realized we are not the "actual" teacher in the classroom and we would have different management systems.  In my "neck of the woods" I taught a lesson on the Aesop's fable, The Jay and the Peacocks.  It was quite good in my opinion!  Throughout this day, I have realized how much I will truly miss this place. I love the students and the staff.  Morris Jeff Community School is an actual community.  They take care and look out for each other.  Even though it has only been four days, I feel like I have been here for four weeks.  It was very quick to adjust to this place...and very slow to get back on track.  Tomorrow will be our last day at the school and I hope it will be a memorable one.

Here are some other comments from the group

Lauren:
Today with discussion with Dr. Meidl about the post reflection and overall coming back and talking about this experience I released that it is going to be extremely difficult to describe this experience.  Thinking about tomorrow being the last day and how wonderful it has all been I don't know how I will be able to explain it all.  Today, although the students were CRAZY, my guided reading group went amazingly.  They were comprehending and engaged.  I was extremely pleased with the way they understood what I wanted them to do!  It was AWESOME
Andrea:

Hey Ya'll!
I am loving this place.  The students have touched my heart.  Today I had a student who had not talked much during the week.  She rarely did her work and never followed directions.  Today, however, we made a break through with her.  She was working hard, helping other students, and smiling.  This was the first time I saw her smile all week.  I am enjoying my time here and have fallen in love with the people, the city, and Morris Jeff school.  Maybe someday I will be back to teach! (Fingers Crossed)  I miss my great family at home - But I LOVE NOLA!
- Ms. Fiestadt :D

Good Night, Good Luck, and God Bless!

Mr. Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment